Thursday 2 May 2013

Extracting Amazon product information

Rather than finish Uncommon AdSense, I've been procrastinating and playing with Amazon product data. If you're not aware of it, Amazon exposes most of its product information for free vis its E-Commerce Service (ECS). With ECS, geeks like myself can plumb Amazon for tasty bits of data, which I plan on using to create additional pages for some sites.

If you're interested in using Amazon data for similar purposes, I've made a simple tool available on my personal site that lets you extract the data for any product that Amazon sells. The Amazon Product Viewer is free for anyone to use, but please read the limitations section on the page. I do have a command-line version that I'll be making available shortly, too, see the page for details.

Eric Giguere is the contextual advertising expert who normally has a longer bio but is writing this on his BlackBerry and so has to keep it short.

Source: http://www.memwg.com/extracting-amazon-product-information/

Note:

David Brown is experienced web scraping consultant and writes articles on linkedin email scraping, linkedin profile scraping, amazon data scraping, amazon data scraping, yellowpages data scraping, product information scraping and yellowpages data scraping.

No comments:

Post a Comment